Wow. We had a very busy, but good weekend. Hope you all did too! (The Good, not necessarily the Busy.) ;-)
Our weekend in summary – Trip to Walmart to buy flowers; Amity Elementary Carnival; Hannah Montana, the movie; Shopping; lunch; Soccer game; Pizza party for soccer team; sleepover; movies; Church; lunch; playground; b-day party; planting flowers; shopping; dinner; Blazer game; movie. Whew! I’m tired just thinking about it all.
Like I said though, it was good. Bailie got to spend a lot of time playing with friends this weekend, which she doesn’t do often. Taylor had a blast being a pain in my you-know-what. I swear, this kid! She has such selective hearing… Anything that resembles “No!” she doesn’t acknowledge. But I can’t stay mad at her because her new thing, in addition to not listening, is to tell me that she loves me throughout the day at random times.
Matt was in Bend for the weekend, for a wedding. I wasn’t expecting him back until Sunday afternoon but he came home early… So that was really nice! J
You know, I was reading through some of my older blogs and there was a time or two when I made the comment “Time Flies!” or “Where has the time gone!” I swear I say, or at least think, on a daily basis how I can’t believe it’s already _______ (Thursday! The Second week of April! The end of April!)!!
It’s true. Time does go by really fast. We get caught up in the whirlwind of life… Work, weekend plans, kids’ school events, sports, etc. Before you know it, years have gone by. When did I become the mom of a 7 and 3.5 year old? It scares me to think how fast the next 7 years are going to go by. It makes me wonder… Am I spending enough time doing things I enjoy? Am I spending enough quality time with my kids? My friends & family? When I look back on this time, years from now, will I think “My life was good; I was happy; etc.” or will I think “I was merely surviving from day to day; weekend to weekend.” ??
What about you?
Our weekend in summary – Trip to Walmart to buy flowers; Amity Elementary Carnival; Hannah Montana, the movie; Shopping; lunch; Soccer game; Pizza party for soccer team; sleepover; movies; Church; lunch; playground; b-day party; planting flowers; shopping; dinner; Blazer game; movie. Whew! I’m tired just thinking about it all.
Like I said though, it was good. Bailie got to spend a lot of time playing with friends this weekend, which she doesn’t do often. Taylor had a blast being a pain in my you-know-what. I swear, this kid! She has such selective hearing… Anything that resembles “No!” she doesn’t acknowledge. But I can’t stay mad at her because her new thing, in addition to not listening, is to tell me that she loves me throughout the day at random times.
Matt was in Bend for the weekend, for a wedding. I wasn’t expecting him back until Sunday afternoon but he came home early… So that was really nice! J
You know, I was reading through some of my older blogs and there was a time or two when I made the comment “Time Flies!” or “Where has the time gone!” I swear I say, or at least think, on a daily basis how I can’t believe it’s already _______ (Thursday! The Second week of April! The end of April!)!!
It’s true. Time does go by really fast. We get caught up in the whirlwind of life… Work, weekend plans, kids’ school events, sports, etc. Before you know it, years have gone by. When did I become the mom of a 7 and 3.5 year old? It scares me to think how fast the next 7 years are going to go by. It makes me wonder… Am I spending enough time doing things I enjoy? Am I spending enough quality time with my kids? My friends & family? When I look back on this time, years from now, will I think “My life was good; I was happy; etc.” or will I think “I was merely surviving from day to day; weekend to weekend.” ??
What about you?
(Some soccer pics...)


0 comments:
Post a Comment