There’s a spider on the outside of my window, which is directly in front of me. That doesn’t sound too unusual until you think about the fact that my office is on the 4th floor. I mean, that’s like 50,000 floors to a little spider. It’s a Super Spider! I’m just glad it’s on the outside… Anyway, that’s my random thought for the day. ;-)
I thought that I’d share some of Taylor’s more recent fiascos. They’re quite funny now that they are over with, and well, I want to be able to remember these stories so I can tell her when she has kids of her own. ;-)
Last night I was baking a pizza for dinner. Taylor was downstairs playing, or so I thought. When I called her up for dinner, she smelled slightly of Lysol. I thought maybe she had sprayed it in the bathroom trying to clean (she often sprays so much air freshener that I can smell it all the way out in the family room). When I asked her why she was playing with it, she said she was just trying to make her hair pretty. HER HAIR! She had sprayed it all over in her hair and evidently was brushing it too because I found my hairbrush next to the bottle in her room. How she didn’t spray it in her eye or face is beyond me.
That made me think of a time a week or so ago… Taylor had showered with me but I sent her out to get dressed while I finished rinsing off. When I got into my room, Bailie informed me that Taylor had put my deodorant in her hair! She said she was just trying to make the front straight (I do that to her hair everyday – push her bangs to the side and keep the rest curly…). It actually didn’t look half bad. lol
Last week when Grandpa had the girls home with him, Taylor decided to do a little seasoning. Yes, seasoning. I had made burgers the night before and the seasonings were all still out on the counter. I came home to find an entire bottle of salt, ¾ bottle of pepper, and a ton of seasoning salt all over the burners! When I asked her what the heck she did that for she said “Mom… I just wanted to cook like you do” in such a sweet little voice.
Hmmm. That’s all that I can think of for now but I’m sure I will have more to share later. Oh, there are a couple things she’s said that have made me laugh so hard…
A while back we were driving in the car when Taylor exclaimed “Mom!! Look!! My fingers can do the splits!” She was sitting in her seat stretching her fingers all apart.
Driving up our driveway, it gets pretty bumpy. She often points to my keys and says “Oh Mom! Your keys are dancing!”
Lastly, when she was with my dad a few weeks ago she discovered her calf muscle. She points to it and says “Look Grandpa, my leg is having a baby!”
LOL!!!!
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Aren't kids great?
Posted by ~*Shannon*~ at 1:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment