Sugar and spice
And all things nice,
That's what little girls are made of.
Ok, I’m not going to lie. This is not always true. Girls like to get dirty and they’re full of sass. But at the core of who they are, they really are sugar and spice and all things nice.
The other day the girls were laying in bed, trying to fall asleep. Taylor was messing around and Bailie was getting frustrated. She called out to me “Mom! Taylor won’t be quiet!” So I went into the room and told Taylor to be quiet and go to bed. Then I stood outside the door to make sure she listened. This is what I heard:
Bailie whispers “Taylor, do you still love me?”
Taylor replies “What?!”
Bailie says a little louder “Do you still love me?”
Taylor “Yes”
The next morning when we were driving to school Bailie and I somehow got on the subject of Best Friends. I asked her who her best friend was and she proceeds to list off about 10 different people. When she was done, Taylor asks her “And me?” Bailie replies “No Taylor, you’re my sister.” She paused and then she says “That’s MORE!” Taylor must not have looked convinced because then she added “Ok, you’re my best friend too!” Then she stretched across the back seat to give her a big hug.
Then later that night, I was working on a little project… Turning a big apple juice bottle into a “Wedding Fund” jar. The girls were curious about what I was doing and I told them I was going to start putting my change in it to help save up for our wedding (every bit helps!). Bailie says “Oh cool” and then walks away. I said, “Hey where are you going?” because she was in the middle of loading the dishwasher. She says “I just have to do something Mom.” So she takes Taylor back to their room where they dump out their piggy banks and bring me back handfuls of change. “Here.” they said “We want to help you save money for your wedding!”
Such sweet little girls I have. It makes me so proud of them. It’s the little moments like this that you know your hard work is paying off.
On a side note… while Bailie and I were talking about BFFs, I realized that I was just a year older than her when I met Kim. Kim and I became instant best friends when she transferred into my class in 3rd grade. We were inseparable for years and are still great friends to this day. It makes me feel so old knowing that we have been friends for almost 19 years. Wow.
I love my friends and am lucky enough to have a small group of REALLY good friends. I consider them all my BFFs. I have been friends with most of them for many, many years. (Though there are some “newbies” that are equally special to me!) My life would not be the same without them. So my wish for my girls is that they are able to develop those close friendships that will see them through the years.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Girls.
Posted by ~*Shannon*~ at 9:16 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment