CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Beautiful Day!

Don’t you just LOVE the weather we’re having this week? Summer is right around the corner and I can’t wait! We have SO much planned; it will definitely be a great one. I’m dreading the change of the parenting schedule… It’s a hard adjustment from seeing my kids daily to not seeing them for a week (and every other week at that!).

A few weeks ago Matt & I (plus the kids) participated in Making Strides Against Breast Cancer. The weather was beautiful (although quite windy over the river) and the kids were AWESOME! We all walked 2.5 miles. I heard afterwards that there were over 4,000 people walking that day. It was a great experience and I am so glad that we were able to be there.

Mother’s Day was also this weekend. It was a good day, considering. Out of all the holidays, Mother’s Day is by far my least favorite. I try to concentrate on all the things I am thankful for. My kids are such a blessing, although sometimes quite a handful, I love them “forever and always” and wouldn’t trade them for the world. As hard as I try, this cloud of sadness seems to blanket my day. I know God has reasons that we know nothing of and I’ve given up trying to understand… but I wish more than anything that my mom was still here today.

Anyway, Matt is such a sweetheart. He surprised me with this really cool picture frame filled with pictures of the girls. I love it! My kids are so sweet too. Grandpa helped them pick out a neat bracelet and Bailie made a nice card. After church we took flowers to my mom’s grave. It was only the third time I’ve been out since she died and the first time for the girls. Bailie has been asking for a while to go out there… it was so sweet and heartbreaking at the same time to hear them tell Grandma Pat that they love her and wish she was here. That evening we had a great dinner with Dad and Bryan.

(On a side note – who the hell takes things left at a grave?! We left some pin wheels and cute garden decorations by her grave and my Grandpa Jeep’s, but when my dad went out the next week they were gone.)

I think that pretty much sums the last few weeks up. We have some REALLY exciting things coming up soon…

This weekend our whole group (Matt & I, all the kids, my dad, Bryan & Jordan) are making a trip to Bend to see family! It has been such a long time since we’ve seen them, so it will be great to catch up. My aunt Marina (mom’s sister) and her kids all live there plus my uncle Dave (mom’s brother) and aunt Linda are coming. We’re all sad that Stacey and her family won’t be here to join us but we’re planning another get together in July.

Well, I think this is where I stop writing… Hope everyone is doing great! Remember: Live, Laugh, Love…



0 comments: