CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Back to Blogging!

I've been on hiatus in case anybody noticed. Sometimes I get caught up in this thing called life and forget about the small things like blogging. I love reading other people's blogs though and think maybe one or two people might enjoy reading mine. :-) So I'm book marking this thing and am going to try so very hard to keep it somewhat up-to-date. No promises though.

Lets see... Where do I even begin summarizing the last 6 months?

Bailie is halfway through her first grade year. She had a bit of a rough start in the beginning (I think a lot of it had to do with the transitions with seeing her dad more during the summer to not so much during the school year and some relationship issues he was having at the time), but she has come SO far. I am very proud of her for all her hard work... She received an excellent report card a couple weeks ago and it made me tear up. Her teacher has been wonderful this year... She's one tough cookie but she pushes Bailie to be the best that she can be.

Bailie played soccer last fall and although she hates running, she's pretty good. I'd love to take credit but I think she inherits the athletic gene from her dad. ;-) We're starting up spring soccer this week. She's been losing teeth like crazy and has most of her permanent ones coming in at the front of her mouth... she has the typical toothy grin. She is also quite the fashion diva. Loves to pick out her own outfits (gets mad if I do it), loves all the pretty little accessories, etc.

Taylor has grown SO much since August. Just looking at the pictures, she looks much older now. Her vocabulary has probably tripled since then and so has her coordination. lol. I put off enrolling her in preschool last fall because I felt she was still a little young and was discouraged by the fact that a few of the preschools didn't want to enroll her early (her birthday is a week after the cutoff). However, I was calling around looking for schools for next fall and decided to just go ahead and start her at the Amity Preschool now. She started at the beginning of February and she absolutely LOVES it! I was so proud of her on her first day... Even at church she cries a bit when I leave. At school, she gave me a kiss and said "Bye Mommy" then went off with her teacher. Didn't even look back. It was a bitter sweet moment. Her teacher gave rave reviews at the end of the day. She thought for sure Taylor had been in preschool already - she settled in so nicely.

Both girls have recently been sick with colds... but poor Taylor really got the brunt of it. That kid is almost too tough for her own good. One day she had a very slight fever of 100.1. I am very hesitant to give medication unless absolutely needed so without any meds the fever went away and she slept great. Next day she woke up from a nap crying that her ear hurt. Cried for all of 2 minutes. I decided to take her to the dr just to get it checked.... Sure enough, one "bad" ear infection and one "horribly bad" ear infection PLUS bronchiolitis. After a few days of antibiotics and an inhaler, she's doing much better...

We have a very special trip coming up very soon but I can't reveal details because it's a surprise. So stay tuned for pics in the next couple weeks!

(Oh and as for me... I've just been working away. My job is going great and I'm still loving it. I've been really blessed that during this tough economy, my job is not at risk. **knock on wood** lol. Spending time with the girls when I have them; relaxing and recouping when I don't.)

Until next time...

0 comments: